The ACGI Resume
Scott Wheeler, President of Automotive Consultants Group, Inc. (ACGI) is a shop management expert in the transportation industry, with over forty years’ experience in the automotive, trucking, heavy-equipment, marine, motor sports, and defense aerospace industries. He holds numerous ASE credentials, including two Master’s Certifications, and has experience working in every position from Tech, Fixed Operations Director, and Mechanical Engineer. Scott has authored five books for the automotive industry and continues to write, consult, and speak professionally at major industry events throughout the U.S. and Canada. He has been a regular featured consultant/contributor to Ratchet+Wrench Magazine, Auto Inc., and Canadian Tire magazine with articles relating to topics such as technician compensation programs, understanding production capacity, and how to maintain passion for your automotive repair business, among others. ACGI continues to consult and mentor clients throughout North America.
Business Management Consultant
Automotive Consultants Group, Inc. – President/Owner
- Strategic business development, operational analysis, profit & loss management consulting in the transportation industry
- B2B management software sales, installation, training and support via Alldata and R.O.Writer
- Engineeredproprietary financial analysis software for business modeling of all of the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Write, produce and conduct one and two-day management workshops throughout the U.S. & Canada for transportation shop owners and managers teaching financial analysis, business development, compensation plans, operational efficiency, team building, HR programs and government compliance
- Automotive Management Institute (Ami) Certified Instructor
- Key-Note Speaker at ASA’S VISION 2013 and 2014 Kansas City& ASRW, Las Vegas, October 2013
- Authored 5-books for the automotive repair industry
- Interviewed by Ratchet + Wrench magazine Sept. 2013, April 2014, December 2014 (article copy submitted)
- Interviewed by Canadian Technician magazine March 2014
- Scheduled as Key-Note speaker at VISION 2015 (Kansas City) and also AutoMechanika, Chicago, Spring 2015
- AutoInc. Magazine “Fall in Love Again!” August, 2014. Vol. LXII, No. 8 (Front Cover)
- Ratchet + Wrench Magazine “How to Create a Business You Can Love Again” September. 2013
- Ratchet + Wrench Magazine “Selecting a Technician Pay Plan”, April 2014
- Ratchet + Wrench Magazine “Production Capacity At 100%”, December, 2014 (to be published)
- Canadian Technician Magazine, “Ignore the Owner’s Manual? Selling Oil Changes in an Era of Extended Service Intervals” April, 2014
TECHNICAL SALES CONSULTANT
Snap-On/Sun Tech Systems, Snap-On Tools, Inc.
AUTOMOTIVE OPERATIONS MANAGER
Sikes Transportation Services, Crane Carrier Corp.
CUSTOMER SERVICE ENGINEER (Contractor)
LM500/LM2500 International Navies, General Electric Marine and Industrial Engines
LM500/LM2500 GE Marine Engine
PROCUREMENT ENGINEER (Contractor)
Space Shuttle Main Engine Program, Pratt & Whitney Aircraft, United Technologies
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Contractor)
GTP Sports Car Program, Consulier Industries
F100-PW-229 Jet Engine Program, Pratt & Whitney Aircraft, United Technologies
Pratt & Whitney F100
Associates in Science, Dekalb Technical Institute, Georgia
- 32-other specialized certificates in ASE (dual Master Tech), management, engineering, computing and sales fields
About Our Pricing
Learn more about our pricing and plans for you!
Read the latest news and articles from ACGI.